UNI Gamer Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Games

3 posters

Go down

Forum Games Empty Forum Games

Post  KyleElf Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:58 am

Hi everyone, it's Kyle. I am actually from Iowa City, but I have a lot of friends up at UNI. I currently don't have a car right now so it is kinda hard for me to actually get up there for GB meetings. Back to the topic, I have tried my hand at GMing and DMing and found a couple of my Horror Story telling one nighters. I used to do these with friends back home where we would more or less play as characters in a horror movie, until I kill everyone or someone makes it to the end. I have a few ready to go. I would just need to know how many and a day/time that would work for people of it to be online and ready to type away at a story.

There is no dice rolling.
Only simple character set-ups (such as name, age, gender, relation to other characters, and what ever items I give out to everyone depending on the story.)
The scenes are mostly going to be like a good horror movie. (I will try not to actually do a direct movie script)
I only build story walls when someone goes too far.
You are as important to the story as the Storyteller is.
It is all about FUN. If you no like fun, then you poopy-head.
They should only last one session, I try to keep them short. I can do continuations upon request.

I will have more information about how long they can last and what my schedule will be like later-on. I have not tried to do one of these online before so please be patient with me.

I also do have a Skype account/Facebook. Which both have group chat. Either might work better for actual gameplay, instead of the forums.

If you are interested please reply. It may be a week or 2 before I can get things organized for a game.

Thank you,
-KyleElf
KyleElf
KyleElf

Back to top Go down

Forum Games Empty Re: Forum Games

Post  Warden Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:43 pm

I'm interested in trying this out Smile I have skype if that is the route you decide to take with this.
Warden
Warden

Back to top Go down

Forum Games Empty Game story set

Post  KyleElf Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:46 am

So I now have a story set more or less for my first horror run. I will need 4 people for it and it should only take about an hour to play though (time is an estimate depending on how the player's react and where we go with the story.)

The basics of the plot is going to be a road trip gone astray. They 4 people's characters will all be part of the same family, and timeline will be the present. Items will be normal (no lazer weapons or steam machines.) Location will be rural Nebraska. XD

My only major rule is don't overrule me. By that I mean don't pull out items from no where. (if you can create one out of what you can think up given the location that is different.) Going along with my story-line more or less. I will work with you and your characters if you can think up ways around a situation please do so. I will try my best to steer you for what I have written, but I can go with the flow as well. I will not blatantly block anyone's ideas.
At the same time be creative, and have fun with it.

I would prefer to try this first story with some sort of group chat for typing. No mics, I want to test how well it works just by typing. It also will allow me with the most online options available for people seeing that not everyone has a mic or a webcam. I would prefer Skype. It is free to download from their homepage, but I am also open to suggestions depending on what people prefer to use.

Once I know who is willing to try it out we can see about setting up a time to do so. The setting up for characters will take about 3 minutes if even that.

I am excited to hear back from anyone who is interested, and hope that this all works out!

P.S. If the games goes well I will try to save the entire text from the night and I will repost it on the forums for others to see. So they can get a feel of what it is like.

- Kyle
KyleElf
KyleElf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sprink Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Name:
Background:
Items:

Name: Roxas Gildred
Appearance: 6'4", cute, but not stunning. Slightly over weight. Black hair, green eyes.
Background: Shy guy. Joined the group and hangs out with them now.
Items:

Will you take me into your group Kyle? I'll add to my BG as more people join?

Sprink

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleElf Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:06 pm

I can tell you have done things like this before Razz You can join the game yes. I would like to do the character creation with everyone though. I have a bit of a specific set up that will require all people. And actually I guess I could do 4-6 people I reworked the story a bit.
KyleElf
KyleElf

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleElf Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:47 am

I now have the story finalized as much as I can have it. I would like to wait for one more person, but I can run with the 3 of you who have told me you are fully in on it. So Josh, Kristen, and Danielle, when is a good time to be able to sit down for at least an hour on our computers?
KyleElf
KyleElf

Back to top Go down

Forum Games Empty What'cha think?

Post  IAmTehPr Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Name: Kaylee Wright
Background: Kaylee is your average first year college student with a major in engineering; she's a know-it-all and loves tinkering with used cars; Kaylee comes from a family of Iowan soybean farmers, she knows the meaning of hard work but has a bit of an attitude at times. She is a cheerleader for the University of (insert name here) and a member of their track team. Kaylee drives a used red Mustang that she fixed up herself, to and from school.
Items: clothes on her back, first aid kit, pom-poms, gym bag containing running shoes and a pair of sweatpants, and tool box (all items are in the trunk of the car.)

~ Hope you like her and if not le sadface

IAmTehPr

Back to top Go down

Forum Games Empty ooh idea idea!!!

Post  IAmTehPr Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:48 pm

when everyone makes their characters we should vote on what the name of the family should be, like who likes who ever's last name best! just a thought!

IAmTehPr

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleElf Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:32 am

For characters I need one person to be age 6-14, one person to be a Parental figure and the rest can be just part of the family.
KyleElf
KyleElf

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleElf Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:35 am

I am going to have to deny both Kristen's and Josh's characters that you have made. I would like to set up characters and set items up when we start the game. It should only take at most 10 minutes.
KyleElf
KyleElf

Back to top Go down

Post  Warden Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:25 pm

I should be free anytime after 4 pm to make characters given that I have notice Smile I am cool with playing any age group of character.
Warden
Warden

Back to top Go down

Forum Games Empty Availability

Post  Sprink Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:36 pm

I'm available after 11 Monday, not at all Tuesdays, Wednesdays after 7, Thursday not at all. Friday 11 to Gamerbrigade. Saturday all day. Sunday after 4.

Sprink

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleElf Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:02 am

As of right now I am thinking Monday October 3rd will be a good day if everyone can agree on it. I have the entire day off myself. Josh you say you are free after 11, Danielle you say you are good after 4. If I can hear back from Kristen on this. Let's say 6 PMish? Let me know if it doesn't work I will check back with scheduling.
KyleElf
KyleElf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sprink Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:10 pm

I have work that night. I signed up for a shift someone needed covered on a Monday and it was that one... It's 4-8. Oops.

Sprink

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleElf Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:20 pm

that is ok we can't do mondays anyways. I will be up at UNI October 7-9th if I could borrow Marie's computer I would be able to do it that weekend sometime maybe. I want to still do this online to see if it can work out this way.
KyleElf
KyleElf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down