UNI Gamer Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future of Star Wars

3 posters

Go down

Future of Star Wars Empty Future of Star Wars

Post  Sprink Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Live the dream! Okay... So my plot is thus: we're a group of Jedi and elite soldiers on a mission protecting a diplomat to the hostile Hapes Cluster. It is a cluster of stars which is surrounded by mist. In ancient times, they were ruled by a Jedi queen, Tenel Ka. But that was a thousand years ago. Now they are ruled by a woman (name TBA) who is hostile towards the Emperor and his subjects. We are being sent to talk to her and see if we can pacify her. Failing this, we are to attempt to curry favor with her subjects, making it popular to like the Republic. We are to avoid hostility, but to defend ourselves if attacked. We do not anticipate trouble.

This is ~1000 years after Episode 4. If you want to join, there are very few limits on character creation. Ithorians have died out. No last names I recognize.

Accepting applicants!

Name:
Sex:
Race:
Force Sensitive:
Class:
Eye Color:
Hair Color and Style:
Skin:
Wears:
Other Items:
History:

Race suggestions: Human, Twi-lek, Trandoshan, Wookie, Chiss, Yuuzhan Vong, Mon Calamari, Quarren, Bith, Bimm, Chadra-Fan, Duros, Ewok, Falleen. See http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sentient_species_(M) for full list (that's M, but the others are at the top.)

Class: don't worry overly much about this. If you have something you want to put for it, use it. If not, delete it.

Wears: Describe your (usual) clothes, jewelry, weapons, etc.

Other Items: Other stuff you own/have in your bag. I allow a certain amount of manifestation of objects (aka: I had this on me, but didn't list it because I forgot about it, but it makes sense I would have it, such as a datapad, a wallet, or a tool of some sort.)

History: I'm willing to work on this with you, or you can write your own, or ignore it almost entirely. I like long histories, but that's just me.

I reserve the right to deny you entrance into my game based on no reason whatsoever, or based on legitimate reasons.
I reserve the right to critique your character and suggest minor changes for the story or universe we play in.
I will be using a random decision technique to decide what happens to players and enemies. Your plot armor is thick, but not invulnerable.

Hope some people actually join this one.

Sprink

Back to top Go down

Future of Star Wars Empty Gavin Vaux

Post  Parker Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Working on history, but figured I would put this up to at least get the ball rolling.

Name: Gavin Vaux
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Home Planet: Coruscant
Force Sensitive: Yes
Class: Jedi
Eye Color: Dark
Hair Color and Style: Dark and short, though starting to recede
Skin: Palish
Wears: Lightsaber (silver) Jedi robes, and utility belt
Other Items: datapad, comlink, wallet,
History: to be added soon

Parker

Back to top Go down

Future of Star Wars Empty Re: Future of Star Wars

Post  Sprink Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:11 pm

@ Parker
Approved pending history and my minor suggestions. Smile

I award you Jedi Master. Are you a guardian, sentinel, or consular style?

Sprink

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucas.Greene Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:19 pm

So, just to make sure I'm getting this right: The Hapes Cluster is independent and openly hostile towards both the Republic and the Empire. We work for the Republic. We are trying to get the leader of the Hapes Cluster to a neutral/allied position with the Republic, so that she will join the fight against the Empire. If she won't listen, then we sow dissent among the populace so that her decision becomes unpopular. Sound about right?

Also, at this point in time, what is the balance of power like between the Republic and the Empire? I'm not completely familiar with the post-movie Star Wars universe, so I know I am missing some gaps here, but a little more information on the current state of the universe would be appreciated as I'm thinking about a character. Wink
Lucas.Greene
Lucas.Greene

http://tappedout.net/users/raefgall/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sprink Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:05 pm

State of the Universe: Peaceful.

The Palpatine Empire fell a thousand years ago. There followed a time of many wars until eventually the Fel empire rose and ruled peacefully (at least so far in canon as i know). That fell with the rise of Darth Krayt, a Sith from Korriban. That Sith empire was defeated ~700 years ago. Since then there has largely been peace within the New Empire (now just called the Empire). We are ruled by a benevolent Force user who leaves almost all decision making to the (less beaureucratic (sp?) than in the past (aka: less corrupt)) Senate. He has ruled in peace for around fifty years, and is the son of the previous emperor, though it is an elected title. The Senate can overrule the Emperor. The Senate cannot eliminate the Emperor's position. The people can remove Senators quickly, due to cheap communication and united worlds. Power struggle is not rare, but is not bloody or disaster. The Emperor title is elected every 10 years, though it is rare for an incumbent to lose. They can serve a maximum of 60 years in the office.

The Hapes cluster has maintained its independence from the Empire. With the change of queen, we're hoping we might be able to get them to rejoin us.

The Jedi work for/with the emperor, since he uses the power for the good of everyone, and he's a Jedi Master. There are 3 schools of Jedi teaching. They share resources, though they are taught on different planets. Apprentices learn from each of the three and usually are chosen as Padawans by someone from the one they identify with most.

The three schools are as follows:
Self: The Force comes from within me. I create it. I may use it as I see fit, whenever and however I see fit, within the rights and duties of my station. Anakin Solo professed to this belief. Ones who follow this method of the Force tend to use the Force for anything and everything. They learn to depend on it and gain profound fine manipulation ability. This school is considered selfish. They are often looked down upon for using the Force for everyday situations.

Weapon: The Force comes from everything. I may manipulate it to fight and use. I can and will use it for my needs on the battlefield. Followers of this ideal become adept at using the Force for combat and protection. They respect the Force for its power and how it can assist them. Jaina Solo followed this belief as the Sword of the Jedi. This school is viewed as the middle ground of the other two beliefs.

Others: The Force is everything. I follow its will and its teachings. I use it only for others. Followers often become adept healers, though are also strong fighters. Most Jedi follow this belief system.

The school for followers of self are located on Yavin IV. Weapon followers are located on the Jedi home planet of Typhon, which they are reclaiming slowly from wild life. The final school is on Coruscant.

If you are a Jedi you are required to follow on of the 3 schools or have one of your own that is detailed and approved.

NOTE: The school of training are not oriented towards a class. They are a school of the Force. That is all. Each still has a Consulars, Guardians, and Sentinels. (which are the classes I'm going with.)

NOTE: I have a plot. Once we are on Hapes I'll slowly reveal more. For now, the Galaxy is at peace.

Sprink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sprink Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Name: Master Rah Dul
Sex: Male
Race: Zabrak
Home Planet: Yavin IV
Force Sensitive: Yes
Class: Consular
Eye Color: Blue
Horn Color and Style: Brown horns. Undecorated. Weave of lines over head.
Skin: Tanned. Lines across forehead looking like an X.
Wears: Jedi Robes. 5 lightsabers, four which are the basic components and don't have a hilt; orange, purple, green, yellow; one full size with ornate handle built from one piece, looking like it wasn't put together, but forged as one mechanism, no button to turn it on, the blade is royal blue. (more on my sabers in a minute. I encourage creativity...) Scoped blaster pistol with two extra power packs.
Other Items: Datapad, star ship.
History/General Information: Born to a Jedi couple of the Self sect, he was born on Yavin IV. He was tested and obviously was strong in the Force. He followed his parent's foot steps and learned to use the Force in everything from a young age. He was able to focus well and learned to use telekinesis for long periods of time on multiple objects, and applied this to his ability to fight. He levitates four of his sabers (hence the lack of a hilt) and fights as if he were five people. He patiently learned lightsaber styles from masters of all areas of the Force. He lacks the ability to touch the minds of others beyond a basic level for precognition. He can only see a short distance in the future, unlike many Jedi. He very rarely can tell when something bad is going to happen, relying on others to detect danger ahead of time. He cannot manipulate energy. His only real strength lies is his telekinetic abilities. He has gained renown for his ability to multi task and fight. He has learned diplomacy and a minor amount of code slicing through mundane means. He is a fine, though not gifted pilot.

NOTE: Adding a ship creation thing now.

Name:
Size:
Armaments:
Carrying Capacity:
Sleeping Compartments:

Name: Corusca Rapier
Size: Freighter
Armaments: Triple laser in front and one on the top and bottom. (triple shoots 3 shots at a time)
Carrying Capacity: Small
Sleeping Compartments: 4 comfortably, 6 maximum, without people sleeping in chairs.
Description: A small converted freighter, it was changed to Rah's specifications and in service for him for two years. He largely uses it to travel and seek knowledge.

Ship size refers to the class of ship. They are fighter, freighter, corvette, frigate, cruiser, and super by order of size. Anyone can have a fighter. Jedi Masters may have a freighter or covette if you are military. You may ask me if you want anything larger.

Sprink

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucas.Greene Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Thank you very much for the info, that makes a big difference. For my own simplicity and enjoyment, I'm going to base my write up on my intended ToR character, because...why not?

Name: Chara Eneche
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Home Planet: Nar Shaddaa
Force Sensitive: Hells No
Class: Operative
Eye Color: Brown, Cybernetic implant makes one pupil red
Hair Color and Style: Red, Dyed brown, Cut short
Skin: Pale, Cybernetic graft between left eye and ear, Two scars from lip to chin
Wears: Stealth suit, Blaster pistol, Vibroknife, Comm link and targetting computer (infrared) built into implant
Other Items: Wrist Holo-projector, Data-pad with hacking software, Electronic toolkit, Med kit, Prosthetic skin to cover implant and change appearance, Field stealth generator (must be set up in a stationary location, prevents sight in and out, prevents comm signals in and out)
History: Born on Nar Shaddaa. Parents lower echelon in a crime syndicate which was secretly controlled by the government. Became sick as a child and was given to a higher tier of the syndicate for treatment; lost her left eye as a result of the disease, hence cybernetic implant. Raised and trained in a government intelligence agency at the capital as payment. Follows orders and has no problem stealing or lying, but has a strong moral view on unnecessary loss of life due to her parents' teachings and early experiences with death. Skilled with electronics, communications, medicine, hand to hand combat, and infiltration. Very private, feels uncomfortable around Jedi, especially when they display mental powers. Despite this, often serves as a contact point for Jedi and soldiers on missions.

Name: Number 7
Size: Private Transport
Armaments: Shields
Carrying Capacity: Very Small
Sleeping Compartments: One
Description: Small, unmarked transport ship used for carrying a small number of passengers or a small amount of freight. Has no hyperdrive, must be carried/launched from a larger ship. Name and markings changed according to mission.

Last edited by Lucas.Greene on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucas.Greene
Lucas.Greene

Back to top Go down

Post  Sprink Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 pm

@ Lucas: Approved! You also can look at my following suggestions.

Your blaster has five settings, one of which uses a separate ammo container (for obvious reasons). They are: Blaster, Stun, Sonic, Flechette, and Disruptor. Assuming you want a blaster with those settings. If you don't, you can have the traditional blaster and stun. Normal power pack charges all but the Flechette. You can change it from your prosthetic or a dial on the thing. The weapon is, of course, special issue. But you can have two. Wink

Your eye has x-ray and infrared if you want.

Your vibro knife is inlaid with Beskar, so it can stop a lightsaber.

Your wrist holo-projector, is that for a holo-disguise? Because it can be a disguise and a communications device.

If no one else has a ship, your ship is temporarily using mine as transport, pending your agreement.

The Yuuzhan Vong have joined the Empire, so if anyone wants stuff from them (aka: Living tech) it is available.

Sprink

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucas.Greene Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:17 pm

I'm ok without the flechette setting on the blaster, too much risk of collateral damage. The rest sounds good. I tossed a medkit in the equipment as well.
Lucas.Greene
Lucas.Greene

Back to top Go down

Post  Sprink Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Sounds good. Approved. Did you have anything on the other options?

Sprink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum